Sunday, August 23, 2009

Best week running ever!!

This week was an awesome week as far as running was concerned except for one minor (hopefully) setback. Every run this week, I kept the pace around or above 10k pace (except for the long run) and I had ton's of gas in the tank at the end of all the runs. These were 4 and 5 mile runs, so I was pretty happy with that.

The minor setback occurred today at the very beginning of the long run. (8 miles w/ hills) The great thing about the run is its the 2nd fastest Corey and I have run it together, so her speed is increasing. The first fastest run was on a completely flat and paved course, and this course followed road routes around the county we live in. It is not flat.... in fact, there is a pretty long hill near the beginning 1/3 of the route, and a smaller, but steeper hill at mile 7. She was pretty stoked about the time, which is in the 11 minute range. I'm hoping that by the time the half rolls around, we are running the 13 miles at that pace. If I run with her, it wont be an issue. If she decides she can do it on her own, then I figure I can probably pull a 9-10 minute pace out of it. Under two hours would be great, but its too early to try for that right now. The setback was when I was running on the road. I run against traffic so I can see trouble when its coming. A car was coming my way, and I ran onto the shoulder of the road, directly on a medium sized stone. I felt a twinge in my ankle, but the pain was momentary and I ran on. Whenever I had to run on the soft shoulder the rest of the run, my ankle/heel was in some pain. Luckily, the rest of the run was on the pavement for the most part. Ill see tomorrow what holds for the ankle. I have a pretty hard trail run next month, so I may have to baby the ankle. That means alot of treadmill running. (it could be worse I guess)

For a recap for the week, the runs were as follows:

Monday - 4.1 miles @ 8:31 pace
Tuesday - 4.0 miles @ 8:45 pace
Thursday - 4.0 miles @ 8:37 pace
Friday - 5.0 miles @ 8:45 pace
Saturday - 8.0 miles @ 11:45 pace

This next week, I plan to run around the same schedule. 4 miles on Monday - Wednesday, and then 5 miles on Thursday with a rest day on Friday. Saturday will be another 8 mile run.

No comments:

Post a Comment