Monday, September 28, 2009

Another Week Down!

Pretty fair week for running this past one! I missed yet another tempo run during the week but I was proud I got the other run's in. I had some off days this past week with running....you know those unexplained days where you just suck! I had that one on Thursday. I think I took off too fast or something, but I paid for it the entire run.

Anyway, the 10 mile run with Corey was on Saturday. It went pretty good. We set out at a little slower of a pace this time. I didn't want to try and push a 10:30 pace on Corey with another mile to run. We got a little past the 4 mile point, and you could tell she was ready for a break. Ill give her credit, she pushed to the 5 mile point and took a 5 minute walk break. On the way back, she asked me to stick with her to the 7 mile marker, which I did. I then increased the pace to 10:45 - 11:30 for the next 1.5 miles, which is where the lone drinking fountain is. Lo and behold, she kept up with me until that point! The last 1.5, I finished @ the 9:30 - 9:45 pace I normally run longer at, and walked back to run back with Corey. She was a little distraught over her time, which I assured her was ok. The most important thing at this point is just getting the mileage in. I haven't decided what our goal pace will be in Grand Rapids (I'm gonna be the pacer) but I thinking somewhere in the 11:00 - 11:30 range. Ill for sure pace us slower the first half of it, and then try and goose it up a little from there. I know for sure she can keep the 11:00 range pace the entire race if she has a break in the middle.

As a recap, the running this week was as follows:

Wednesday: 4.3 miles @ 8:12 pace on treadmill

Thursday: 4.5 miles on TART Trail @ 9:26 pace...felt like crap!

Saturday: 10 miles on TART Trail @ 11:50 pace. This includes the 5 minute rest break in the middle of the run and a lost 3-4 minutes waiting for traffic lights. If you took off the "lost" time, it would have been finished in 1:50:00 approx, or about an 11:00 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment