Sunday, October 4, 2009

Two Weeks to Go!

This week went really good with running....so good in fact, that I ran 3 miles further but that was due to an unforeseen event! Even with the increased mileage, my legs are feeling fine. The next two weekends have races...next weekend is the VASA 5k. This is probably my favorite 5k of the year, so I'm looking forward to it. It is scheduled on the last long run day of the month before the half-marathon (the following weekend). I am planning on just running 9 miles later on in the afternoon. Since it was raining yesterday, I ran my 11 mile run on the treadmill. (it was awful!) I was able to run it at a solid 9:40 pace throughout, and really could have gone around 9:00-9:15 pace. I just wanted to see what I could do on my own with it.

For a recap of the week:

Tuesday: 4.0 miles @ 8:36 pace
Wednesday: 4.0 miles @ 9:13 pace on TART trail
Thursday: 4.0 miles intervals. 5x800 @ 7:00 pace w/ 3:30 cool down in between @ 11:00 pace.
Saturday: 3.0 mile run @ 12:00 pace. This was interrupted long run...Corey got sick!
11.0 mile run @ 9:40 pace. Ran this on treadmill due to weather. Went great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment