Saturday, July 17, 2010

And My First Injury!

Well, it had to happen and I'm glad its earlier in training. My calves (notably the right) has been bothering me on and off the last two weeks. Last night, I had a 5 mile run I had to do on the treadmill. (88+ outside) The run went fantastic.....I ran around a 9:15 pace, and it was very very easy. I could have easily run much further or faster. This morning I woke up and stepped out of bed on my right leg. I almost went down to the ground! Now, I can walk on it but there is moderate pain and discomfort in the ankle/achilles area. I dont know if I strained the tendon or what, but it was enough of a warning sign to lay off the 12 mile long run today. (I wouldnt have made it) Ill see how it goes the next couple days (tomorrow is another off day). Next week my mileage was reducing, so it wont be much lost. Ill try and maintain by elliptical work/bike work to reduce the impact on the area or the swimming pool if that's even too much. Just wanted to leave a note. Wish me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment