Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Calories!

Now, I am not one that normally counts calories. I run quite a bit during racing season, and assumed I was eating enough and not too much. Just to see where I was at, I signed up on Livestrong.com. This has allowed me to add in everything I eat during the day and get a breakdown of how many calories I'm eating and break it down into categories such as protein, carbs etc. The really cool thing is while setting up your account, it asks you what level of activity your job is. For myself, it is more of a moderate level of activity. This activity does not include your daily exercise routine which is added later. That way, if your job is real physical, then your calorie goal will be higher.

The last two days, I have seriously lacked on the calorie ingesting amount, and frankly was surprised. My normal caloric intake is supposed to be somewhere near the 2200 level. I'm pretty good at keeping that level, but after my exercise burn is figured into it, I'm normally 400-600 calories short. For those people looking to lose weight, I guess that would be good although I think cutting 600 calories might be getting near a max on a 2000 calorie diet, but I'm no expert. Anyway, it really opened my eyes and is keeping me more aware of what I am eating. I've included a link to Livestrong in my list of sites. I don't know how long Ill use it, but for right now, its something I'm interested in following; especially to see how my weight is affected by watching this. (I really only want to lose 10 pounds....15 at the max)

No comments:

Post a Comment