Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Week Two Down!

Another week of training down...both weeks I ran all of the runs scheduled although the long runs were run at a slower pace then I would have liked due to the heat. (its been brutal) Here's the breakdown for the week.....

Monday - 4 mile run @ 9:29 pace
Tuesday - 4.5 miles Hills
Thursday - 5 miles @ 9:48 pace
Friday - 5 miles @ 9:45 pace
Saturday - 9.0 miles @ 10:19 pace

This week is going as planned so far. I have been plagued with what started out as moderate calf/shin pain, especially on the right leg. That has pretty much dissipated now, and is only an issue when running on the treadmill or hard surface for an extended period of time. Next week is week 4 anyway, and I am reducing my mileage by a 40-50%. I think Ill do that every 4 weeks to allow my body to adjust to the increased training.

On a sore note, my HRM had to go in for repair. For whatever reason, the button used to start exercises is sticking pretty bad. The repair is pretty simple from what I've heard and doesn't come back, but I had to get it in before the mileage really started piling on. In addition, I was losing HR data 2/3 into my longest runs, but suspect that may have been due to a dying battery in the main unit itself. Ill see when I get it back. (should be next week or so)

Even though its still July and the Crim in Flint is still over a month away, I am really starting to get excited for it. I have reduced my race schedule dramatically this year, with a ramp up starting in August. I am somewhat worried about what the heat will be like in August, but its a 10 miler this time, and I think my wife may be running it too. (although that hasn't been confirmed yet)

Well, that's it for this week....hopefully the weather cools down just a little bit and the injuries stay away! Happy Running All!

No comments:

Post a Comment