Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tempo Six Miler

Today I ran a tempo six miler. I started off at a 9:30 pace and kept increasing it. I ended up with a total of time of 53:22. My best time this year, at least in training was 53:15. I probably could have done a little better, but am supposed to run an easy 5 miles tomorrow and six again on Thursday. (again easy....like 9:30-10:30 a mile) Today's run was a little odd though. My right leg seemed to want to almost fall asleep from 1.5 to about 2.25 miles. This has happened a couple times since I got my new shoes, and usually on the treadmill. Also, my left foot was aching pretty bad up until 3.5 miles, and then the pain mysteriously vanished. Ill have to keep an eye on both things and make sure its not a symptom of something worse.

On a different note, I may have mentioned before, but I usually use a HRM for running. My wife got me a Polar HRM for my birthday this year (I picked it out) and unfortunantly, I didnt do enough research on it. I only used the new one a couple times, so am going to return it and get a Polar RS800 G3. This particular HRM will do just about everything. It has an altimeter in it (and GPS) so you can not only get accurate mileage/pace on a run, but can see how your handling hills and descents and get measurements for those inclines and declines. I will also get the footpod for treadmill training. I cannot wait to try it out! Ill give a rundown of how it works and post one of the graphs you can create in the software that comes with it on the first six miler after I get the watch.

Lastly, I have a picture from Cincinnati's Flying Pig 10k my wife had framed. (1st 10k) Ill see how it will scan in and post it this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment