Sunday, June 7, 2009

Update!

I haven't posted in a few days, so thought I would catch up. I was out of town for business, and ran a 5 mile easy run at the hotel on the treadmill June 4th. This went pretty smoothly; I just kept it at a 9:30/min pace. Yesterday, June 6th, I ran 8 miles at a very easy 10/min pace. I wanted to see how far I could go with the pace, and could have gone much further, but didn't want to jump the distance too far in one week. I need to concentrate a little harder on making the long runs on Saturday easier. I have been trying to hammer them out like they are races instead of it just being an easy run.

I mentioned I was getting a new HRM. Well, I finally ordered it and should have it in time (and figured out) for my 6-8 mile run this weekend. My wife and I will probably run a 6.2 mile route through the VASA trail here where I live. Its a pretty hard run, and I want to see if the elevation changes are picked up.

Lastly, a new pic of me at the finish of the Cincinnati Flying Pig has been posted. This course was more rolling then the Bayshore as you can see by the expression when I was done. Next year, I'll run the half marathon there and see if that is similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment