Sunday, June 14, 2009

Update for the Week!


This is my record retrieved from my new Polar from my 7 mile run on Saturday. I ran with Corey, so we ran an easy pace. She wants to get up to 10 miles non-stop on a run, and I told her the best way was to start off slow and make sure she can do it. She can then worry about how fast she can do it in!

I have decided to start posting blog's once a week instead of everytime I do something related to running; otherwise I would be on here forever. This week, I did the following.

Monday - 4.0 total - 2.5 miles intervals (400x10 @ 7:13) 45 second rest. Warm up/cooldown jog included.

Tuesday - 4.1 miles 41 minutes. Easy run.

Wednesday - 4.1 miles 41 minutes. Started at +10:00 mile and increased speed each mile.

Thursday - 4.0 miles - 39 minutes. Easy run.

Friday - Off

Saturday - 7.0 mile run with Corey. 1 hour and 16 minutes. We could have gone further and faster but didn't want to push it and we were running it together. Hope to add a mile in a week.

I think this schedule is going to work pretty good. I'm going to increase the long runs to 10 miles until the half marathon training kicks in.

No comments:

Post a Comment